Early voting continues through Nov. 4
Residents can vote early in this year’s state election by visiting the Office of the Town Clerk, 78 Hopedale Street, through Nov. 4 during these times:
Nov. 1 to Nov. 3 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and
Nov. 4 from 9 a.m. to noon.
Election day is Tuesday, Nov. 8, at which time residents can vote in person from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Draper Gym, 13 Dutcher Street.
Check out the Ballot on page 15.
Image credit: www.hopedale-ma.gov/
Special Town Meeting to be held on Nov. 14
By Theresa Knapp
Hopedale will hold a special town meeting on Monday, Nov. 14.
The draft warrant found at https://bit.ly/3eLJq7B included the following articles, as of press time:
1. Prior Year Bills
2. Citizen’s Petition to amend the zoning bylaw to essentially prohibit the issuance of special permits to retail mairjuana establishments within 1,000 of each other
3. Citizen’s Petition to allow cannabis retailers to do curbside transactions in the future if/when allowed by the state
4. Hopedale Fire Fighters Collective Bargaining Agreement
5. Fire/EMS Exempt from Civil Service
6. Capital Funding Article
7. Police Department Vehicle
8. Board of Health Expenses
9. Police Detail Expenses to Highway and Elections
10. Zoning Change related to GB/A to C/I
11.Zoning Change related to Marijuana Overlay District
12. Zoning Change related to 150-156 Hartford Avenue from GB/A to C
More details and the final warrant can be found at www.hopedale-ma.gov/.